Saturday 29 June 2013

Michael Todd True Organics Antiox Serum - Review

I recently purchased the oily skin kit from the Michael Todd True Organics website. One of the products in the kit was the Antiox Serum and this is my review of product.

 
The Antiox Serum is the first product that I used up from the kit, and I am planning on reviewing the other products as I finish them up so that I can offer my complete thoughts on each item. Here is what the Michael Todd True Organics website says about the serum;

Alpha Lipoic Acid and DMAE work synergistically to visibly resurface skin's texture, reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and enlarged pores, to reveal a radiant and healthy complexion. 
 
This serum includes a range of antioxidant vitamins in a base of healing aloe vera juice to help fight free radicals and environmental stress. To this we added extracts of oranges, lemons and cranberries and essential oils of sweet orange, lemon, lime, tangerine and bergamot to soothe, moisturize and nourish. This unique serum will give your skin the boost it needs.
Now the first thing I noticed was the ingredient DMAE (short for dimethylethanolamine). The reason it was familiar to me is because I had been listening to one of Dr Perrisone MD's audio books and he talked about DMAE being found in salmon and being extremely good for the skin. I found out that it is a yellow coloured liquid, which is reflected in the yellow colour of this serum.

The packaging of this product is a dislike for me. I like the colour and the general look of the packaging, but the pump action dispenser is not to my liking. The pump is very "springy" and makes it extremely difficult to control the amount of product coming out. One full pump is far too much for one use and due to this reason I used up all 30mL of this product in about 3.5 weeks.

Another thing I don't like is the smell. The first thing I thought when I put it on my face was that the smell reminded me of my aunt who is a cigarette smoker. I know! It's such a strange smell, I'm not saying that it straight up smells like cigarettes, but something in it just reminded me of how my aunt smells and I associate it with her smoking. However, in saying that, the smell does dissipate, and after a couple of uses I didn't mind it at all.

Overall, I liked the Michael Todd Antiox Serum. I felt like it was very moisturising and hydrating and I didn't feel the need to put a moisturiser on over top of it. I loved the way it made my skin feel, and despite the strange smell and annoying pump, I would repurchase this product once I try out some others I have in my cupboard.

Have you tried this product?

No comments:

Post a Comment